Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Trade Of Staggering Genius

I opened my mailbox the other and found this bubble mailer.  The package wasn't too fat but when I opened it, the good were delivered.  Matt F., the cool dude from the blog Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius, sent me a package of great quality.  He sent me some amazing cards. 

I sent Matt F. some serial numbered shininess along with a stack of other cards.  This was the first time that we have traded.  I hope it won't be the last.  Even the way the cards were packaged, you could tell that Matt F. took great care of his collection. 

Let's start out with the big bang of the package.  Matt F. told me that he dug up some Nomo cards for me.  I wasn't expecting anything quite like this.  This GU is super thick.  I like the tiny picture of Nomo framed in the middle of a baseball.  The blog community has been so good to me and Matt F. has kept that good cheer going.


This card has been one of my most wanted since I started Nomo's Sushi Platter.  Now this Allen and Ginter Ryan Braun rookie card is in my possession.  I think I would rather have a base rookie card from the Ginter set over the Topps base set.  Ginter just looks like the classic set every year that it has been released.  I need to pick up some more 2007s from this set as well as cards from 2008.  I'm not even sure if I have all the Dodger Ginters from those years.


Matt F. also sent me some Topps base cards of Nomo.  These Topps sets were released during my collecting dead zone.  I don't have too many cards from 2003-2004.  This is a perfect example of the gap in my PC.  I have a major PC of Hideo Nomo going on and these two cards are new to me.  If anyone has any recommendations for boxes during these years that are reasonably priced, please let me know.  I do have a nice box from 2006 coming in.  Check out the box break post of that by next week.


I also got a little help in the Ian Kinsler department.  I got a 2006 Fleer Tradition rookie card.  Fleer Tradition put out some awesome looking sets.  It reminds me of '81 Topps.  Another good looking set is 2009 Upper Deck Icons.  The colors really pop out in this set.  My haves list says I already have the Icons Kinsler but, I just don't remember seeing it before.  I'll have to double check my binder.


My Kershaw PC also got some added bulk through this trade.  I am not too sure what set the 20th Anniversary Hobby Preview set is.  I haven't seen one before.  My guess is that the card is an insert.  I was surprised that I didn't have the 2009 SP Legendary Kershaw.  I often see cards from this set in dime and quarter boxes.  I probably have passed on this card before at card shows.  But, it is mine now!

This was a great trade.  Matt F. sent me some nice PC cards.  The Nomo GU is just so cool.  Thank you for sending me some awesomeness.

1 comment:

Matt Flaten said...

Nearly missed this post...glad you liked them.