Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dodger Bill Russell Signing!!!

I have been having a great Dodger weekend.  On Friday, I got to go to a signing and meet Rod Barajas.  Which was awesome!  Then on Saturday I went down to a new Sports Authority in Sherman Oaks,CA to meet for Dodger shortstop Bill Russell.  Josh from Dodgerbobble was at the Russell event as well.  It was great to have someone to talk baseball with while we waited in line for a couple hours.  After, the signing I was on my way to Dodger Stadium.  Unfortunanlty, the Dodgers lost but Chad Billingsley was dominant through 8 innings.  I love a Dodger weekend!

The event at Sports Authority was very well run.  The employees were very nice and helpful.  The Sports Authority staff even gave us cool chairs for free.  These chairs will come in handy for future autograph signings.  There weren't too many people in line.  Bill Russell even showed up on time and the line moved smoothly.

I had Russell sign a 1981 Donruss card for me.  The auto came out very nice.  At this signing, there was a dude selling some nice photos of Russell.  He even had some nice photos featuring Garvey, Cey, Russell and Lopes.  I was tempted but, thought I would go with the card first. 


Luckily, the staff was allowing us to get multiple autographs.  Russell had some postcards and photos at his table.  I got this photo signed for my dad.  The Dodgers of the 70s are his favorite teams so, he will appreciate this autograph.

The event was another fun experience.  Current Doyer shortstop Jamey Carroll is signing at the same Sports Authority in a couple weeks.  I will definitly be attending that event.  Carroll has been one of my faveorite Dodgers over the past couple years.  He plays hard and gets on base.  Most of his teammates have trouble getting on base and Carroll is able to do that with regularity.  Night Owl is nice enough to be sending me a Heritage card of Carroll in a trade that we got going.  Thanks!  I don't think Carroll has a Dodger card yet but, if I am wrong please let me know so I can track one of those down as well.  I am hoping that we will be able to get multiple autographs again.

Thank you, Sports Authority for putting on a swell event and for the free chair.

1 comment:

Dodgerbobble said...

The autographs came out nice. I love the postcard. I got my buddy Tom the same one on Opening Day.