Saturday, May 28, 2011

Jamey Carroll And Dioner Navarro Autograph Signings

I am having a great day thus far.  I went to a couple autograph appearances and I am also attending tonight's Dodger game against the Marlins.  The Dodgers own my Saturday.  I love days like this, where Dodger baseball dominates my daily schedule.  I wish everyday was like this. 

My first stop of the morning was heading over to a Sports Authority in Sherman Oaks for a Jamey Carroll signing.  When I arrived the line wasn't too long and the event was well organized was again by the great folks at Sports Authority.  The signing was to begin at noon and continue until one.  Carroll being a nice guy, arrived early at around 11:30.  He started to sign autographs shortly after his arrival.  Which made Josh from Dodgerbobble and I very happy because Dioner Navorro was signing at the same time in a different part of the city. 

I got this card signed by Carroll.  A special thanks goes out to Godfather Night Owl for sending me this Topps Heritage card.  Retro sets look really cool autographed.  I also like how Carroll added his number on the card.


Carroll was a class act.  He talked to the fans and took pictures with the fans as well.  He seemed to like the story I told him of my mom selling his dad a Tommy Bahama shirt last season.  My mom used to work at the Tommy Bahama store in West Hollywood and Carroll's dad came in to buy a shirt.  Luckily, my mom was able to help him pick out a nice Dodger one and talk some baseball with him.  Carroll stated that his dad still wears the shirt and has since bought another one from the Tommy Bahama MLB line.


Navarro was signing about 20 minutes away from the Sherman Oaks Sports Authority.  Since, Carroll is awesome and signed early, I was able to get out of Sherman Oaks a little before noon.  Dodgerbobble Josh was willing to make the drive to a Kragen O'Reilly Auto Part store.  A nice Dodger fan named Theresa also made the trek with us to the Navarro signing.  Which was cool because she had some good stories about all the ball players that she has met.  Including a story of a paint pen breaking and spilling ink when she met Rollie Fingers.

We made it to the Navarro signing in good time.  There weren't too many people there.  We had to wait in line for about five minutes before we got to meet him.  The coolest thing about the Navarro signing besides getting his auto, were his cool shades.  They were reddish colored Ray Bans.  I have the traditional Ray Bans with the black frame.  But, seeing a different color up close made me want to get another pair.  Sorry, for the fashion talk but, you gotta have cool shades in LA.  It is sunny most of the year and Summer is around the corner.

The signings were run smoothly and I had a great time chatting with other Doyer fans.  These events are also free signings which makes them even sweeter. 

I hope the Dodgers win tonight to cap off a great day in LA.  It is now nap time before game time.

4 comments:

Dodgerbobble said...

We had a great Dodger day! Thanks again for the cards.

night owl said...

The Carroll card looks great with his sig! I think I picked good!

Spiegel83 said...

Josh-Awesome day! I am still thinking if I should attend the Jerry Sands signing. I'll let you know.

Night Owl-Thanks again for the cards. If you are ever in LA, let me know and we can bust some boxes together.

Dodgerbobble said...

Let me know. I was too tired to get my presale ticket, so I'll let you know when I go.

Also, I'm thinking of going to the Newcombe appearance at F&S next week, if you want to go.