Friday, May 13, 2011

Rod Barajas Autograph Signing!!!

Earlier this morning, I got to meet Dodger Catcher Rod Barajas.  He was signing free autographs at a Metro PCS in Panorama City,CA.  It took me about 15-20 minutes to get there.  The signing was to begin at noon so, I arrived around 10.  I just wanted to make sure that I would be able to snag an auto from Barajas.  The line wasn't too long, probably because it was a signing on a Friday morning.

When I get in line, I see a dude in front of me that kind of looks familiar.  It turned out to be Josh from Dodgerbobble!  Awesome!  I enjoy reading his blog and am also a big fan of Dodger bobble heads.  It was cool to meet someone that is also in the blog world.  Also, thanks again Josh for e-mailing me the photos from the signing.  I forgot my camera.  Rookie mistake.

Bam!  My first in person Dodger auto of the season.  The whole event was run smoothly.  Big props to the Metro PCS store.  The line went along at a steady pace and Barajas started signing on time.  I didn't have any cards of Barajas in a Doyer uniform but, luckily I had a nice Heritage card for him to sign.
The event was run in a laid back way, which was great.  So, pictures were allowed to be taken and Barajas seemed in good spirits.  This photo may have been taken when I was telling Barajas to hit a couple bombs against Arizona.  He already has one tonight. 


Here is a nice photo with me and my boy, Barajas.  Overall, it was a great day.  I had fun talking some baseball with Josh and getting to meet Barajas.  They also gave out buy one, get one free ticket vouchers.  I will be sure to use them this season.

Tomorrow there is a Bill Russell autograph signing in Sherman Oaks.  I am thinking that the crowd will be much bigger tomorrow.  So, I'll have to get up early and hope to get a wristband.

1 comment:

Dodgerbobble said...

Damn that auto looks sick! Need to remember Topps Heritage next time.