Monday, May 16, 2011

From Culver City With Love

Greg from the wonderful blog, Plaschke, Thy Sweater Is Argyle, sent me a very nice trade package.  He e-mailed me about a trade involving a Josh Shipp auto.  Shipp was a basketball player that played at UCLA.  I mentioned to him that I didn't have an auto to send back his way.  He was still willing to send me the Shipp auto for my UCLA basketball PC.  Greg is a very cool dude.  So, I sent him a a stack of cards for the Dodgers and cards for his other PCs.

Bam!  My first Josh Shipp autograph.  The card is also numbered to 249 and he is wearing a Bruin uniform which makes this card even better.  Shipp was a big time recruit coming out of high school and much was expected of him from Bruin fans.  He suffered some injuries during his college career that set him back.  I am not sure where Josh Shipp is now.  Last time I saw him was when he was on the Lakers victory parade bus.  He was standing next to fellow Bruin Jordan Farmar.  Shipp must have been a guest of his.


Getting a Jeff Weaver card is always cool with me.  Greg sent me this card from the set Donruss Throwback Threads.  The Dodgers may need to track Weaver down and see if he still wants to play.  The team not only could use his pitching skills but also need his bat.  Weaver can probably hit better than a few position players on the team right now. 

Chad Billingsley is a solid number two starter for the Dodgers.  He signed an extension earlier this season.  So, Bills will be in LA for at least a few more years.  Billingsley needs to get some more respect from Dodger fans.  He has pitched some good ball games for the boys in blue. 

I also need to get a box of some Fleer Tradition.  Awesome looking set.


Greg also sent me this Ichiro Ginter insert.  I have a few other cards from this set.  This Ichiro is new to me so, I am happy about that.  The one thing that annoys me about this set is the little paper boy.  He looks like a miserable kid.  He should be happy that he gets to share a baseball card with Ichiro.  Smile kid!

Thanks for the trade Greg.  You should come over to the Valley for the Jamey Carroll signing.  We'll trade again real soon.

2 comments:

Dodgerbobble said...

Love the Shipp!

Greg Zakwin said...

Glad you liked the cards Mike!