Thursday, April 21, 2011

Platter Trade Post with Cardboard Conundrum.

This is the first trade that Matt from Cardboard Conundrum and I have made.  He is a Cubs collector.  I had recently bought a 2011 Topps Jumbo from my local card shop and pulled a Starlin Castro Game Used Jersey.  I found Matt's blog as a potential trade partner for this card.  E-mails were exchanged and a trade was born.

Along with the Castro GU, I also sent Matt an assorted mix of Cubbies and cards for his set needs.  As part of my assorted mix were some 1981 Topps.  These cards are commemorating the NL and AL champions.  I never thought that I would see the words "Royals Sweep Yankees."  Awesome cards from an awesome set.


Matt also sent me these two, that I will also cross off my list.  Matt sent me four 1981 Topps cards to cross off my list.  One was Dodger Bob Welch.  The other was of good player/great actor Keith Hernandez.  I know that Hernandez was a really good player on a lot of really good teams but, I always think of him for his guest spot on Seinfeld.  He was so funny on that show.  His performance on Seinfeld almost tops his accomplishment of all his Gold Gloves.


An Ethier rookie card is always a welcome addition to my collection.  Ethier is current favorite Dodger.  He is one of two Dodgers that has been hitting the ball on a consistent basis.  Ethier and Kemp form a formidable 3-4 spots in the order.  Without either of them performing well the Dodgers would be out of contention already.


Now for the smash hit of the trade.  This is a 2004 Leaf Certified Materials GU Bat/Jersey #ed/250 Shawn Green.  This is my best card of my Shawn Green collection.  I am so glad that I was able to get this card.  Matt sent this Green to a good home. 

Thanks for the trade.  You will be my guy for Cubs cards.  Whenever I get something new, I will be sure to send you an e-mail. 

No comments: