Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Going Towards Set Completion!!!

I am not much of a set collector.  I don't think that I have the patience or motivation to ever complete an entire base set.  But, I think that I am able to complete a small insert set.  This year's Allen and Ginter has given us a great insert set, called Ascent of Man.

This set is extremely colorful and also educational.  It depicts the evolution of people from microorganisms to modern man.  The art work is great on this set.

Here is some of the color that this set gives a binder.  This set will look sweet when I complete it.  I only have 4 of the 26 thus far. 


Look at this wave!  It is a wave out of "Point Break."  This set shall be mine. 


This card reminds me of my camping trip in Big Sur,CA.  Big Sur is a really cool campsite with giant redwood trees and beautiful forest scenery.  I don't like rats though.


This is my favorite card of the ones that I have so far.  A chimp is one my favorite animals.  They are one of the few animals that I like and respect.  Most other animals, I would want to try and eat. 

So, as you can see, I am not too far along in my quest for set completion.  The kind bloggers and readers out there need to show the Platter some love and help me out.  Please check out my want list up top on the toolbar under "Set Needs."

2 comments:

Nachos Grande said...

I still have some of those available... They make a full length mural when laid next to eachother in full set form. Someday soon I'll show that off on my blog.

flywheels said...

I have no interest in this set at all so I have lots to offer up as well. Perhaps we can work a deal.