Thursday, December 1, 2011

Update on my 1981 Topps Chase

Awhile back I started to try and pick up certain cards from the 1981 Topps set.  Mostly cards of Dodgers and dudes in the Hall of Fame.  That list is slowly getting smaller and smaller.  I can sense victory.  The joy of completing a collecting goal is almost complete.

I just need a little more help and luck to get there.

I picked this up at my local card shop today.  It was just chilling in the dime box waiting for me to swoop in on it.

This also may be the only time an Angel gets featured at the Platter.  I am pretty sure I have never shown a card of a player down in the OC.

But, here at the Platter, I show respect to the legends of baseball no matter what uniform they wear.  I owe it to the baseball Gods to bow down to members of the Hall of Fame.

This is a great dime box find.  This card gets crossed off my 1981 Topps want list and also fits into my Hall of Fame collection.

If any of you guys have any of the remaining cards on my want list, please let me know.  Check out the list here.

2 comments:

night owl said...

WHERE OH WHERE ARE THESE MAGICAL CARD SHOP DIME BOXES WITH EARLY '80S CARDS????!!!!!

arpsmith said...

Which shop do you go to? I live in the OC so a trip up to LA for a new card shop might be a trip I can make.