Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hot Autos From The Hot Corner

When I have some spare funds in my account, I scour Ebay for some of cards that will fit into my collection.  I type in some of my favorite players names and see what goods I could purchase.  Sadly, this doesn't happen too often because I rarely have much disposable income.

I got my federal tax return a couple weeks ago.  This gave me a little extra cash to spend on my cardboard addiction.  I decided to search Ebay and find one card that is a little pricier than I usually spend on one card.

I have been looking at posts from Zakwin from the Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle blog.  Zakwin has been building up a nice Al Rosen collection. I was starting to get jealous and every time he would post an Al Rosen card, it made me search even harder for one of his cards.

Boom!  I found an auto featuring 1953 MVP Al Rosen and of ex-Doyer third baseman Adrian Beltre.  Oh yeah, and it is also serial numbered out of 99.

Zakwin also mentioned to me that he had bid on this same auction but, I beat him out!!  Sorry, Zakwin, your Al Rosen collection has already been started.  My Rosen collection is just beginning with a bang.

Beltre and Rosen are grouped together on this card because they are both third baseman and they are both power hitters.  Rosen hit 43 bombs in his MVP year of '53.  He also had a 10 year career with a career OPS+ of 136.

While, looking at this card, I am digging the wool jersey that Rosen is wearing.  I like the big patch of the Indians logo on his sleeve.  Do they make Al Rosen throwback jerseys?

I don't think I have seen one worn by a rapper in a music video.

6 comments:

Dodgerbobble said...

Sweet!

Arno said...

Awesome card, man.

topher (Crackin Wax/Varsity Trading Cards) said...

Not a bad pickup!

Greg Zakwin said...

No need to apologize! I actually didn't bid on the card; it was in my Watch List and I was considering bidding on it, but never did.

Anyways, a swell pickup indeed! And you need to grab even more Rosens haha!

Anonymous said...

Awesome addition, Congrats!

Unknown said...

This is a good read and it should be appreciated. if such stuff is continuously discussed I am sure nobody will be fooled by online used cars selling scam and buying and selling will become easier.
中古車買取