Friday, March 11, 2011

The Platters first trade post!

The other day I received a great package from Richard at Dawgbones,a Philles Phan.  We have exchanged a few emails looking to swing a deal and he finally told me that he would send me a package.  At first, I didn't know from the return address, who was sending me a bubble mailer.  Luckily, Richard included a nice note inside so, I knew that he was the cool dude, that sent me some goodies.

Among a stack of Dodgers was this gem.  It's a 2008 Upper Deck Timeline Hiroki Kuroda.  Kuroda often flys under the radar, even among Dodger fans.  He has been really solid since he arrived to LA via Japan.








These next three were a real surprise.  I have never bought or received any fat heads before.  So, these of Kinsler, Braun, and Ichiro are a grand addition to my PC.  I don't think I'm going to peel these and stick on my wall.  I may just display them like mini posters.  Awesome!


The auto of this trade is of Scott Elbert.  This is a sweet auto #'ed/299.  It's also my first Scott Elbert auto so, it will fit nicely into my collection.  Elbert was at one point a prized jewel in the Dodger farm system.  He was a starting lefty, who can blaze a fastball by the competition.  At this point in his career, despite being only 24, he is a relief pitcher hoping to make the club out of spring training.  Injuries have taken a toll on Elbert and I hope he learns how to control his pitches and can become a dominant lefty in the pen.

Richard sent me some really nice cards.  He totally boasted my Dodger, Braun, Ichiro and maybe started a fat head collection for me.  Please check out his blog Dawgbones, a Phillies Phan.  I'll get a package out to you as soon as possible.  Thank you!

4 comments:

Dawgbones said...

Glad you liked them. I took a stab on the auto, glad you liked it as well. And I think I'll have to hit up Ollie's for some more Fatheads, I'm now running low.

Dodgerbobble said...

Very nice! I love the Elbert. I really hope Scott gets back on track and can find his way back to the majors.

Greg Zakwin said...

Fleer put out some great looking cards. Sweet auto, awesome stuff.

Spiegel83 said...

Thanks! It's a really cool looking Elbert. It was a fun trade. I hope Dawgbones likes what I sent him