Friday, March 25, 2011

Trade Post, awesomeness from Scott Crawford

Scott Crawford and I crossed paths in the trade bait draft hosted at the Great Sports Name Hall of Fame blog.  We were able to work out some trades.  Scott Crawford has many player collections going on so, trading with him is fairly easy.  He sent me this gem of Don Drysdale.  Drysdale was a key cog on the 1963 World Series winning Dodgers team.  That team actually swept the Yanks that season.  I can't imagine the joy every Dodger fan and possibly every other non-Yankee fan felt after that series.

This is a Nomo card that was also included in the package.  I like this set.  The baby blue border jives real well with Dodger Blue.  My Nomo PC has been skyrocketing since I started this blog.  Starting this blog has been one of the best ideas I have had in a very long time.


I have added another Ryan Braun rookie card to my collection.  This is another perk of my blog, which is getting cards in trades so, I don't have to scour ebay searching for it.  Keep the Brauns coming readers. 


One of the main pieces of our trade was him sending me this Nomo Metal Universe card.  I loved this set back in the day.  I miss the days when card companies would take a risk and see if it works.  I also think this set has stood the test of time.  Even though the drawing on this card doesn't look like Nomo, it is still an awesome comic book depiction of him. 

Thank you for the trade, Scott Crawford.  He posts a lot on his blog and it's an enjoyable read.  Please check it out here.  I just sent out your package today.  Sorry for the delay.

No comments: