Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Own The Circus

Woooo!  I had a nice break from the blog community.  I just needed to take a little time off from the Platter to regroup and gather some thoughts.  Luckily, for you guys, I'm back and ready to blog.  I have some new found energy to write some more great posts at the Platter.

There is no better way back from a blogger break than posting a trade post.  Everyone loves a trade post.  This is also a trade post that will let you share my joy because I completed an Allen and Ginter insert set.  This is the first time that I completed any sort of card set.  This is a huge accomplishment at the Platter.  Please share  my joy!

I know that Allen and Ginter gets some flak for having so many cards of non-baseball subject.  But, I am not one of those people.  I love the variety of the insert sets.  These are more interesting and unique to me rather than getting another Mickey Mantle insert in a 2012 Topps pack.

The Step Right Up insert set was one of my favorite Ginter offerings.  The cards were filled with circus acts like fire eaters and people walking a tightrope.  This set brings out the child out of me.

Matt from Card Anathema was the cool dude that sent me this card.  It was the first time that I traded with him and he deserves a round of applause for helping finish up this set.

He also sent me some other cards for my 2011 Ginter insert sets.  The Uninvited Guests insert set in my absolute favorite from Ginter last year.  It is a creepy set featuring haunted places.  Ghosts scare me and so does this set.

I only need one more to finish this set.  Anyone that may have my last need, please shoot me over an email.

I am a long way from finishing off the Animals in Peril set.  This set was sort hard to pull from packs and I haven't seen much Ginter packs in stores anymore.  It will probably take me a while to complete the Animals set.

Matt brought me a little closer with this card of a Markhor.  The Markhor looks kind of like a deer with bunny ears?  That would be my best guess.  This animal actually sounds like a Topps creation.

Thanks for the trade from Card Anathema.    

2 comments:

Anthony Hughes said...

I thought that "uninvited guests" card of the White House was referring to Newt Gingrich...

night owl said...

Ginter is still all over the place where I am. I'm sure I'll get the urge for some minis at some point, so maybe I'll get lucky and pull something you need.