Saturday, September 29, 2012

Trading Within the Fraternity

I really enjoy trading with other Dodger fans.  I just know that the cards that I send their way are going to a good home.  All Dodger fans have good homes.  Everybody knows that.

Oscar from the blog called All Trade Bait, All The Time, is a Dodger fan.  So, of course Oscar has a good home.  What makes his home better than most?

He is also an Oakland Raiders fan!  A Dodger/Raider household is always the best on the block.  They also make for some great trade partners.

Since, this is the last day that Oscar and I as well as the rest of Raider Nation can relish our victory over the Steelers last Sunday and move on to hopefully crushing the Donkeys(Broncos) from Denver tomorrow.  Please let me show you some goodies that he sent me in a trade package.


This card makes me instantly miss the 90s.  It was the greatest decade for everything including baseball cards.  I am in need of listening to some Stone Temple Pilots tonight.

It is weird that fellow Dodger bloggers just know what cards to send in my direction.  We have an extra sense and a gained knowledge into what would make another Dodger collector happy.


I loved 2011 Gypsy Queen so much last year that I didn't buy much 2012 Gypsy Queen this year.  Very odd and I can't explain it.

Clayton Kershaw is battling a hip injury but, still producing at a high level down the stretch for Los Doyers.  I am nervous that he me re-injure himself and worsen the damage.  Please just make it through this season healthy, Kershaw.


I don't think that I have enough Dodger Greg Maddux cards to fill up a 9 pocket page plastic sheet.  That is kind of sad to me.  Maddux was one of my favorite pitchers of all time and he played on my favorite team briefly two different times.  With the amount of parallels that are made, I would think that I would have several various versions of Topps Maddux cards in Dodger Blue.

Many Maddux cards found there way into my collection.  Those cards feature him in Braves and Cubs uniforms.  Someday those pages will enter my National League HOF binder.  Hopefully, he will be enshrined on the first ballot.

Thanks you for the trade, Oscar.  I hope to meet for a Raiders game before seasons end.

2 comments:

Arno said...

Damn, that Karros is a beaut'.

Stealing Home said...

thanks for the blogger love, amigo.
i just posted the other end at ATBATT