Monday, April 16, 2012

Getting Back in the Groove

I took a little time off from blogging around the time baseball season was about to begin.  I needed to refresh myself and focus on watching some baseball.  Back to checking stats, fixing my fantasy team, and attending as many Dodger games as possible.

My blogging hiatus started when I left for Arizona to watched the Dodgers play in some Spring Training games.  I was there at the end of March.  The weather was great and so was the dining.  It was great to see the Dodgers playing some games again.

I was then lucky enough to make the trip from LA to San Diego for Opening Day.  The Dodgers beat the Padres that day.  I was with a great group of dudes and it was fun bringing home a victory.

I was also able to attend the Dodgers home opener with my dad.  That was a great game and a great Dodgers win over the Pirates.  It is so cool to have baseball back in full swing.

The Dodgers have been off to a hot start by going 9-1 while dominating the Padres and Pirates.  I haven't been focusing on my baseball card collecting.  I am slowly catching up on organizing my collection.  I am totally backed up on trade posts.  Which is actually kind of okay.  I haven't been blogging in awhile so, this will give me a lot of cards to blog about.

My first day back from my hiatus and I will show you guys no cards with ball players.  I am going to show off some cards of animals to start.  These cards came from Chris who runs the blog Nachos Grande.  He helped me out on some 2011 Ginter insert sets that I am working on.


Like I typed, my comeback to the Platter won't feature cards of baseball players.  Now I am showing you a haunted prison and a couple of old dead guys.

Alcatraz is definitely haunted.  I have watched the HBO series OZ.  Bad things happen in prison all the time. People are getting beaten, stabbed and rape.  Tons of convicts have been killed in Alcatraz.  The ghosts that stick around and haunt a prison must be the really evil ghosts.  Only, a criminal bad ass kind of ghost would choose to roam a prison full of murderers and thugs.

That felt good.  I should start writing some more about cards.  Maybe next time, I will feature some cards of Dodgers.  That sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for the cards, Chris.

No comments: