Friday, October 7, 2011

Three Cards For The Taking

I have been lagging when it comes to posting.  Some of you readers may have noticed.  I have still been an active trader though.  I have since caught up on most of my trades.  I have one more to mail out but it has already been packaged up and is ready to be sent.

Since, I am caught up on getting trade packages together, it is time to show some trade bait.  I picked out the top three cards that I have sitting in my trade box to show you guys.  My trade box consists of hits of players and teams that I don't collect.  The trade pile has been building and the cards have been begging me to be sent to a collector that would better appreciate them.  Yes, my cards speak with me.  I get along better with cardboard than I do when I speak to most humans.

I haven't made a trade with a Red Sox blogger in a long time.  I have accumulated a lot of Red Sox cards that I would like to send off to a home that is different than mine.  Boston sports teams aren't a favorite of mine.  It may have to do with living in a Lakers household and growing up with a dislike of the Celtics in my blood.  So, having a lot of Red Sox cards is unacceptable to me.  I must unload them on a collector that would enjoy them.

This card is a 2009 Upper Deck 20th Anniversary GU David Ortiz.  It is a very clean looking card.  So, any Boston collector that claims this will also get a slew of other Red Sox cards.

Aren't the playoffs going to be a lot more fun without the Yanks or Sox?  We here about those two teams almost year round and it gets stale.  Now, the baseball world can focus on more deserving teams as the playoffs progresses.


The next card that I picked out of my trade box is a GU of Justin Morneau.  This card is a very stylish hit from 2005 Donruss Leather and Lumber that is #ed/250.  The jersey in this card is a dark blue.  So, this should add some color to a Twins fan's collection.

I picked up this card on the cheap at my semi-local card shop.  I picked it up because I know that there are some Twins bloggers out there and also the card looks cool.  I hope to be able to flip this card for a sweet looking Dodger.


This may be my favorite card of the three.  But, it is still a card that I know will be better liked elsewhere.  This is a 1997 Best Aramis Ramirez autograph.  The auto is on card and is from when Ramirez played for the Lynchburg Hillcats in the minor leagues.  I believe this is from when he was in the Pirates system but, I may be wrong.  So, this card could like nice to a Cubs or Pirates fan.

I really like the autos from the 90s.  They look primitive to me.  It was a time when card companies probably had no idea that the card industry was heading in a direction where "hits" would drive the sales.  It also seems that in the 90s the minor league sets such as Best and Classic knew that on-card autos were the way to go.  It is a shame that on-card autos aren't more common.

Please let me know if any of these three cards interests you.  I would like to get some trades going in order to mail them out by the end of next week.  So, send me an email or leave me a comment and we shall work out a deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that Morneau card is calling my name. I know I have an Ethier jersey card here at least...I'll get back to you.